Monday, August 4, 2008

Getting Back Into the Groove

Since my last post, life got in the way and I found myself caught up in the daily-ness of living. While I'm not one to shy away from the internet, I am one to find myself kept away from it for lack of internet connection and/or lack of computer. You'd think that since getting my $ 50 BlackBerry, complete with data plan, that I'd be updating and uploading away everyday! Ever organized me certainly has a blog or networking site for any occasion or… mood. Twitter, Pownce and Jaiku for mini-blogging; WordPress for work; Multiply for my Victory Christian Fellowship, Every Nation Churches and Philippine networks; Vox for randomness; tumblr for cyberfinds and picture stories; spock, last.fm, iLike and facebook for everything else. The goal was to update everything at the touch of my mobile BlackBerry fingers.

But the road of blogging intentions has blocks known as "waking up at 4:45AM to be at work by 6", and "getting off of work at 2:30PM to take the bus to Kyera's office to go home together at 4PM" and "getting home at 4:40PM to clean the house, do laundry, dishes and cook dinner", and "falling asleep the second my head hits the pillow at 11PM".

Before you accuse me of whining, please know that I spent the last twenty-seven years of my life in a country where having maids is the norm. While my parents did raise me in the US without household help, moving to a country where you don't have to do any of this does make it hard when you move back to a country where you do. Sure, I don't have to do laundry by hand (which I am proud to say my mother did teach me) and I have all these toys – vacuum cleaner, dishwasher, hardcore bathroom cleansers, etc. – to make having to do all these things easier, but the cold fact is that I still have to do these things myself. My chores won't magically get done without my fairy dust a.k.a. sweat.

So, in between all these fun activities, we managed to move into our own place, Kyera managed to get hired part-time by her eye doctor, we got another laptop care of something called "Credit Limit Increase", and Rocco became part of our family.

We're not connected to the internet yet but now that I have my laptop all to myself, I am re-managing my time by spending my Sunday afternoons at home blogging and posting through the magic of time stamping. Free Wi-Fi at the library is an amazing thing. And so's the one at Panera at the Mall at Millenia.

Let's see how this goes.

song playing in my head: madonna's get into the groove

No comments: