Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Reinvent

I was promoted two weeks ago to supervisor at our sister hotel so I've been spending the time learning the new systems, the culture and the cast of personalities known as The Staff.

In all honesty, I've been kicking and screaming along the road called my hotel career, seeing that I landed on it purely out of necessity. Translation - nobody would hire a former web writer, training manager and morning show host and producer who lived too long overseas (this is debatable) other than a hotel for a concierge position.

But six months, five interviews, and two months after joining our upper upscale hotel chain, here I am now, doing the same thing and then some. There really is so much room to grow at the hotel. So much room to grow in America if one is hardworking.

Ask me if I'm happy though. I'll tell you I'm deeply grateful for not only having a job but for getting promoted in less than a year. That doesn't answer the question of happiness though.

This is the part that I'm still trying to figure out.

No comments: