Saturday, April 21, 2007

The Offer from Hawaii

The e-mail I had been waiting for finally came in. It was sent a few days after my pastor friend in Pearl City called me to touch base and see how my plans are coming along. I felt like I was being half-interviewed. Simply because it wasn't a social call, the social stuff these days are brief chats over IM - Skype, Yahoo, Twitter. This was an actual conversation on the t-e-l-e-p-h-o-n-e.

The job is waiting for me. I, on the other hand, am waiting for the US Embassy to send me word on my daughter's petition.

Everything is hinged on this. Only then will I be able to explore Plan B's, C's and even D's if necessary.

Hawaii at this point is a practical choice - job. waiting. for. me. No friends for both of us... yet.

The jury is still out. Let's wait.

song playing in my room: the electric fan and breeze from my window

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck, dear.

Thelma said...

thanks, sexy mom! *hug* i appreciate you so much for always stopping by!