Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Days 53 & 54: Eight Weeks Later

Someone once said a picture paints a thousand words. Here's what ours says. Plus some excerpts from our Twitter posts from that day. (Twitter rocks!)


She was nowhere to be found. I scanned the crowd at the Baggage Claim but there was no sign of her. I went to the NWA counter and was told she was waiting for me at her arrival gate and was not allowed to leave until I got her. I was then given a security pass and half ran through the security check - including having to remove my shoes and putting my phone through the X-ray machine - before jumping on the train.
on airport shuttle to get my daughter!!! (Eastern Standard Time)
Just landed in Orlando! In one piece! Hehe. Missing people but excited to see mom. (Manila Time)
As an Unaccompanied Minor, they would not let her out of their sight until duly claimed by the person listed on the form. The ground attendants were all praises for the "nice young lady who was so well-behaved". I was deeply touched. "It's a testimony to you how well raised she is! You raise 'em right, they turn out right!" I smiled and thanked them.
She was standing next to a wall near the NWA counter charging her cell phone. I had to restrain myself from shrieking and crying.
"Mom, please, please, don't make a scene..." We hugged and went home.
i felt like i gave birth again. only this time she's 17 and i didn't have to wait 9 months! i looove her sooo much.
I'll share my gratitude list tomorrow. I couldn't have done any of this without certain people.
falling into a deep and blissful sleep for the first time in 8 weeks.
Thank you for praying with and for us.

No comments: