Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Faithfulness

I realize I've never really gotten to share my impressions of what it's been like coming home to America as an adult. I promise to. Really I do. I've been in a pensive mood lately with this business of growing. . . mature.

I was remembering my fascination with the convenience of Check Cards and drive-thru tellers and rows and rows of Coca-Cola choices the other day and realized I've never gotten to articulate my amazement. Now that I've been back for almost two years this September and the novelty has worn off, I'm sure my recollection will be somewhat altered to a certain degree. After all, isn't that what time does to all of us regardless of how old we are?

I didn't get to say much about why we left Orlando and how Nashville happened and I will. Just not today.

Today, I will share an old post I stumbled upon last year, when it was dark, and I didn't think life would get any better.

I wrote this in January of 2008.

January 2009 was when the wheels were set in motion for our lives to change.

And here we are in Nashville.

Thank you, God.

sound playing in the background: the gentle hum of the 24" iMac I get to use at work

No comments: